Re: filmscanners: SilverFast Upgrade Disaster

I, too, eventually gave up.  I was wasting so much time and frustration
trying (a) to get passwords out of them;  (b) trying to make those passwords
work and (c) trying to get any sensible help from Silverfast.  Fortunately
my software was bundled and so did not cause me any financial loss but it
drove me into the Vuescan fold.

Silverfast, when it works, has a hell of a learning curve.  Why struggle
with that as well as Photoshop?  Raw scan into Photoshop  in 16 bit and work
from there.

John

Anne & John Mahany
New Forest U.K.