Re: filmscanners: Linux version of Vuescan

I do a lot of my basic image processing with ImageMagick. I use gPhoto
to upload from my digital camera. I've written tcl/tk routines to turn
the images into digital photo albums. However, all my computers are Mac,
so I use LinuxPPC. If I had a LinuxPPC version of Vuescan, I would never
need to reboot. I asked Ed about a LinuxPPC version of VueScan a few
months ago. However, he didn't think the demand would be worth his time.

Andrew

Erik Kaffehr wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have used Vuescan for about 18 months now, with a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi
> scanner. Ed Hamrick developed the drivers for this scanner by having me
> testing all changes he made, so I feel quite involved in Vuescan.
>
> I have essentially doing all my stuff at home with Linux for six years now.
>
> Regarding photography i use mostly Pentax 6x7 and Velvia, and never negative
> film.
>
> My experience with Vuesan is a very pleasant one. It gives better colors than
> the original Minolta driver, and it is quite stable. It may have a few
> quirks, especially with my scanner which handles o lot of different formats.
>
> I have a friend who has a IMac, and I tried to use Vuescan on his computer,
> but it was unfortunately not very stable (in the version that was available
> at that time). With the Linux version I had very little problems.
>
> Best regards
>
> Erik Kaffehr
>
> fredag 03 augusti 2001 01:29 skrev du:
> > As a Mac user, I absolutely hate to be forced to bow down to the evil
> > empire, but there are a lot of times now that I consider doing just
> > that. How's the Linux version of VueScan?
> >
> > Andrew Robinson

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.