Re: filmscanners: Anyone having problems with Scan@leben?

>If anyone else is on the scan@leben list... are you having problems?
>
>All my messages to it bounced yesterday and I got no mail from it today.
>
>Code red strikes?
>
>Art

I had a similar problem with an epson-inkjet list message, so I'm
afraid its somehow related to Mitchell Leben's server(s).

Short of, or in addition to, using to a Mac, aren't there other
strategic advantages we can give ourselves in re worms, viruses, etc.?

Someone said that reading list mail on Yahoo rather than first-hand
would do it in the case of those lists? If so, would it work for
other lists?

 From my own experience, I have the impression than an alert and
resourceful ISP can intercept, as mine does, the problematic mail?
I'd switch rather than risk infection.

Reading about other problems makes me think that most such things can
be avoided by using Eudora instead of Microsoft's Outlook for e-mail
software?  I think Rafe said so on this list. You can use Microsoft's
Internet Explorer w/o using Outlook; I do, although I wouldn't if I
knew of a good and promising replacement for it.

Sam

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.