Re: filmscanners: problem with monitor

I feel you pain.  It is often so hard to know which component to target
as being at fault.

Some monitors might prove sensitive to voltage fluctuations, causing
image shrinkage and jerking.  If you live in a place where there are
electrical "brown outs" or anomalies due to stressed energy sources, you
might be experiencing low voltage conditions.  If you have a meter that
reads AC voltage it might be worth monitoring.

Art

Tomasz Zakrzewski wrote:

> Electronic devices are hopeless. Every month some electronic devices in my
> household refuse to work properly.
> This week: a monitor.
> The image on the screen just started to shrink suddenly at times in every
> direction 2, maybe 3 mm or just shrink horizontally. Additionally sometimes
> the screen "jerks" (I'm afraid I'm afraid I might not find the proper word).
> My simple question is: is it the monitor or rather the graphic card at
> fault?
> My monitor is LG Flatron 795FT Plus my graphic card, hmm... don't know, some
> card is Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.