filmscanners: Microtek Artixscan 4000: how does it measure up?

In all of the correspondence I've followed on this site, I've hardly
encountered anything relating to Microtek's "top" contender in the dedicated
35mm scanning category. I've had the FireWire version on order for a while:
the specs seem good, the ScanWizard Pro software is easy to use, and it
compares favourably (from what I've seen) with scanners far above its price
range. From info I've received it shares the same engine as the Polaroid
SS4000. In Australia it retails for around $2,500AUD.

It still hasn't arrived in the country yet, so I'm curious as to whether any
players here have had any experience with the beast or its earlier USB
sibling. Any info would be much appreciated.

Tim Lumsdaine
Sydney, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.