Re: filmscanners: Scanning and memory limits in Windows

> > I'd also like to know if it is true as Tony suggests that aver
512MB or
> RAM
> > is a waste, as I was thinking of getting more RAM on the weekend.
> >

> I don't know as I only have 512MB but I suspect this is 99% true.
That is
> 99% of users will see no difference because most normal applications
just
> don't use it.

Well, it doesn't really prove anything, but this was a question
answered on The Screen Savers program yesterday.  Someone from this
list no doubt asked it.  Here's the link to their response:
RAM LIMITATIONS IN WINDOWS
Got a ton of RAM in your PC, but Windows
can't use it? There's a reason why.
<http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,23008,3337233,
00.html>

--James Hill