From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Jeffrey Goggin
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 5:59 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Wet-mounting slides?

>AIUI, it's common practice with drum scanners,
>but I've never heard it being done on a CCD
>scanner, unless one were using a glass film
>carrier.  (Which might be useful if one were
>scanning a 6x9 cm negative, perhaps.)

I have a Minolta Scan-Multi and it uses a(n anti-newton) glass carrier for
medium-format film.  I've been tinkering with a modification to the holder
that makes it glassless and while this works -- and works quite well --
it's a PITA to scan more than a few images at a throw because it takes so
much time to load and align the film properly.  I thought maybe if I use
mounting fluid with plain optical glass in the carrier, I might achieve
better results still and faster loading to boot...

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.