Re: filmscanners: Astrophotographs

I use vuescan, in 48bit mode, and export mostly raw scans to photoshop.. there I
do a proper levels adjustment.. You will not get good results with any auto
software on astrophotos.
for slides I do not use any color correction, for negatives I set color
correction in Vuescan to auto white balance, black point set at 0% and white
point set at 0.01%

here is a link to proper astrophotography levels adjustments:
http://www.aa6g.org/Astronomy/Articles/levels.html

Jan Exner <exner@gmx.net>  wrote:

>Hi Everybody!
>
>I received my ScanWit 2720S yesterday. I did some scanning using
>MiraPhoto2.0 and Vuescan7.1.3 on standard film as well as slides.
>
>It works fine with both for well-exposed daylight photographs, but as
>anticipated, I'm having trouble with my astronomical photographs.
>
>Is there someone who could send me his/her vuescan.ini or saved
>settings for MiraPhoto as a basis for me to experiment on?
>
>TIA,
>Jan

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez