RE: filmscanners: OT: Copyright on Photo's

>I believe catalog use (for sales) is usually considered "fair use", and
>protected from copyright infringement.

I don't think so Art. The qualifier here is the fact that the owner of the
prints being sold happens to be the one advertising them via use of the
image or is authorizing an agent to promote the sale of those prints via the
use of their image. The use of the image is not what is being sold here; nor
are reproductions of the advertised prints being sold.  That, I believe, is
what makes this a special case.