Re: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes

>All other things can be re-done by pressing the "Scan mem."
>button, making it unnecessary to _ever_ scan the same piece
>of film twice.

Including manual exposure adjustments and/or a long exposure pass?  With my
shots from Lower Antelope Canyon, I find  I get slightly better results by
tweaking the exposure manually rather than relying upon autoexposure.  In
fairness, though, determining the trade-off between highlight detail and
shadow detail is a matter of personal taste.  For the majority of my
images, though, Vuescan's autoexposure utility does a very good job.

>If you're a belt-and-suspenders person, make
>sure the raw scan file is written to disk as well by using
>the "Files|Output raw file" option.

Indeed.  I archive these along with my final finished files, just in case...

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.