RE: filmscanners: My replacement 8000 is banding like the first one:-(

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Lynn Allen wrote:

> Not that I really want to comment on this at all, but I've found that if I
> don't, maybe nobody will (too often, and not often enough). :-)
>
> Given: That the stepper mechanism is accurate, and not just a piece of
> trash...
> Then: It would not matter whether the copy is moved or the scanning head is
> moved.

True enough, Lynn, but our entire job
in this listserv sometimes seems to be
second-guessing the manufacturers
and telling them what they did wrong. <g>

Jawed had expressed an opinion on which
of two schemes might work better. I
simply wanted to point out that, for
better or for worse, most film scanners