RE: filmscanners: My replacement 8000 is banding like the first one :-(

At 12:03 PM 7/20/01 +0100, Jawed wrote:

>Dare I say it, but I suspect a scanner moving the film is "less accurate"
than
>a scanner that moves the scan "head".

I disagree, and I'm sure Austin will chime in here too <g>.

All film scanners I've worked with move the film -- except
for flatbeds with TPUs.  The lamp and CCD stay put.

This applies to:

* Microtek 35t+
* Polaroid SprintScan Plus
* Minolta Scan Speed
* Nikon 8000 ED
* LeafScan 45

All of the above scanners move the media.  CCD
and lamp are stationary.

In fact, except for flatbeds posing as film
scanners, I can't think of any film scanners
that *don't* work that way.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.