Re: filmscanners: Nikon Service

At 07:19 19-07-01 -0400, Raphael Bustin wrote:
>I'd be curious to know, among veteran film-
>scanner users, whether there's any brand
>loyalty at all.  Anybody out there buy the
>same brand twice?

I'd have stepped up from my Polaroid SS35+ to their 4000 model without
question if it had ICE^3. The Nikon 4000 was a reluctant choice based on a
specific feature set that I needed. It's my fervent prayer that I'll never
have to deal with Nikon service. Been there, done that years ago with an
LS1000. Very unpleasant.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.