Re: filmscanners: Nikon Service

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:26:51 -0400 (EDT)  Raphael Bustin
(rafeb@channel1.com) wrote:

> Can you honestly say that any one brand is more
> or less prone to reliability or service headaches
> than "the others?"

Nope. There's anecdotal reports aplenty, but no way of weighting the
pissed-off-and-grumbling users of any marque as a percentage of the whole.

There are a lot of complaints about Nikons, but then there are presumably a
lot of Nikons. What is more interesting is the patterns that form in the
nature of failures. This strikes me as very useful ammunition for consumers
confronted by unresponsive service depts.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons