RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

> >  I don't really have enough RAM in my computer, only 384.
>
> Just a thought. Do you get stop/start motion of the film carrier because
> of
> spooling, during the actual scanning process?

First - RAM is dirt cheap these days - I just ordered 2 - 512 MB RAMs for my
new G4 from Coast to- Coast ( http://www.coastmemory.com ) for $65 each.  At
this price why not have at least 1GB of RAM?

Second - sounds like a plausible explanation for the banding.  If this is
the case, giving more or less memory to the scanning software may change the
nature of the banding.  Or find a friend with a PC and try it out on his
system.

Third - I am hoping to buy a Microtek 5700 or 8700 scanner (with FireWire
interfaces) for, among other things, scanning some 4x5 negatives.  I expect
to ask the list about them in a couple of weeks.

According to Ed,
"I'm hoping to work on adding support for FireWire scanners on
Mac OS X in the next week or so.  I don't know when (or if) I'll
add support for FireWire scanners on OS 9.1."

I would expect that when FireWire is supported on the Mac that the LS8000
will be supported.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.