Re: filmscanners: On A More Positive Note

on 7/18/01 11:11 PM, rafeb wrote:

> I've posted a few small scans from my 8000 ED at:
>
> http://www.channel1.com/users/rafeb/scanner_test4.htm

Rafe,

I looked at your scans in PS, and they are impressive, but one thing I saw
raises a somewhat generic question for me.

The blue channel of the pad lock image shows what appears to be jpeg
artifacts, but none of the other channels do. I know the blue channel is
typically the noisiest channel of a scan, but I forget why. Isn't it because
the CCD elements are least sensitive to blue light? If so that is a hardware
thing. But jpeg is a software thing, so why would it also show up
predominantly in the blue channel? Is that typical of jpegs, or was it just
a fluke or coincidence here?

Todd

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.