RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Lawrence Smith wrote:

> RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...It's really annoying.
> Rafe said his looked different.  Do you still have your SS120?
>
> Lawrence
>

>   That's exactly the same as the banding I was getting.
>
>   Paul Wilson

The banding affects the three color channels in
differing degrees.

It generally won't be seen in areas of fine detail,
so it most often is seen in skies.

On some images, the noise in the blue channel can
mask the banding (when viewed on-screen.)  Use the
channels tool to view the individual channels
one at a time.

I think there's sufficient evidence now (4 or 5
separate instances, from 3 or 4 users that I know)
to indicated that this is a design flaw, or maybe
a production run with a faulty component (most
likely the CCD itself.)

Have you tried checking "Super Fine Scan?"  That
should eliminate the banding.  I'd be most curious
to know if that works.

I'd be more than happy to join forces with other
8000 users to help resolve this problem, if it
comes to confronting Nikon's tech support.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.