Re: OT, very: was:re: Unsharp mask was Re: filmscanners: Getting started question

It should have read, "and we like to incorporate it into our machines."

And it is moving into both our machines and their programming.  Often in
areas where physical devices need to be moved through a continuous
range, an example would be auto focus devices where the programming
makes assumption about which direction to move, or in stability systems
in lenses, where the programing makes assumptions about the "next move"
without sufficient input to "know", and without consideration of all
potential options. Some auto exposure systems also use F.L.

Some robots incorporate F.L. again, when manipulating physical things
spatially.  I'm sure there are many other examples, that don't come to
mind right now.

Art

Most autofocus systems use it,

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > Art wrote:
> >
> >We require "fuzzy logic", and we incorporate it into our machines
>
> What machines, do you believe, has "fuzzy logic" incorporated into them?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.