RE: filmscanners: fogged film

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 04:57:00 -0400  Dave Buyens (davepe@tampabay.rr.com)
wrote:

>   For black & white film that is very dense, there is something called
> farmer's reducer that chemically washes some of the denseness from the
> film.

And the image too, if you aren't careful:)

> Assuming you have color negatives, you might want to investigate if
> such a
> thing works for you too?  Maybe someone on the list knows?
> Dave B.

There are selective bleaches for E6, but I don't know if they would work
at all on colour neg. Probably not. They are expensive, toxic and complex,
and I think you will have to make them up from raw chemical formulae.
Unfortunately I am having a hard time recalling where I saw the recipes...

If the worst comes to the worst, duping onto slide stock may work, using
increased exposure to cancel some of the density.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons