filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: PS 6.0 v. PS 5.0 LE v. Jasc Paintshop Pro 7.02

James Sims wrote:
>One bit of caution.  When it comes to rotating an image to align a tilted
>image, neither of these applications do it well.  Image alignment should
>be done by carefully aligning the image in the scanner.  90 and 180 degree
>rotations are handled very well with both applications.

FWIW I use the crop tool in PSP to help with this.  Generally if I am rotating
the image, it's because the horizon is slightly off level.  I create an
outline using the crop tool with a side close to the line of the horizon,
and this gives me a reference to judge whether the rotation has worked.
 The PSP crop tool doesn't behave like the selection tool, so it's safe
to use in this way - otherwise you'd be rotating the selection.  You can
rotate by fractions of a degree - although I've never bothered with less
than 0.5.

Even a small amount of rotation will lose a lot of the edges of the image,
so it's worth getting your camera level! :)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.