Re: filmscanners: PS 6.0 v. PS 5.0 LE v. Jasc Paintshop Pro 7.02

>It's clear, from all the
>content here, that PS, and in particular PS 6.0, is the Rosetta stone,
>an essential professional tool for achieving image quality, and
>uniformity, in publishing.
>
>But what about lower-class people like me?  I'm an amateur, with very
>modest equipment (an Acer Scanwit 2740S and an Epson 900), very much
>in the learning mode.  Should I shell out the $500+ bucks, plus the
learning time, to get a grip on 6.0?  Will 5.0 LE serve me better?

No need to spend the bucks for the full version of Photoshop, if you
don't need the masking and a few of the other high-end features.
Adobe has just released Photoshop Elements which has 80% of PS 6's
features for only $99. Much better than PS LE. Built-in tutorials and
a real manual.

Bill

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.