Re: filmscanners: Film Scanner Question Again

Rafe, thanks for your excellent response.  I'm not exactly a newbie at
scanning and Photoshop, but I obviously still have a lot to learn.  Thanks
for providing the definitions of "resize" and "resample."  In the past, when
I would resize in Photoshop, I always left the "Resample" box checked.  I
would first memorize how many pixels the image had, then I would enter the
document size I wanted for my print, then I would change the resolution until
I ended up with exactly the original number of pixels.  In other words, I was
resizing to get the print size I needed, but I was using some extra effort to
  keep the pixel count the same because I didn't want to resample and destroy
any image information.  But now, I know that all I have to do is uncheck the
"Resample" box and Photoshop won't let the pixel count change.  Then I can
enter what ever print size I want and Photoshop automatically changes the
resolution to keep the pixel count constant.  Absolutely amazing!  And what a
time saver for me.

Also, good information on using 1600 ppi for the 1640 scanner, rather than
3200 ppi.  I have a Microtek ScanMaster 5 flatbed that also has asymmetrical
resolution.  I should run some tests to see if it makes any difference with
my scanner if I use the lower resolution value when scanning.

In a message dated 7/8/2001 4:09:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,