RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

Aistin wrote:

>I'd say do a scan of a standard slide in an automated test setup.  This is
>standard issue for most any product of "this nature".

Yes, that certainly should be done, and one would think it would be--which
of course doesn't mean that it is or isn't.

But it seems that the "problems" most people report are *not* in the realm
of a "standard" (that can easily be accomodated through design
manipulation), but in everyday Real World scanning. My point is that the
scanner mfgrs--and particularly their QC and Customer Service people--need
to be more cognizant and responsive to the people actually using their
product.

Best regards--LRA