filmscanners: 8000 ED Banding... What nikon said.

All,

I sent a slide and a high res scan to Nikon to help debug my 8000's banding
issues.  They did a test scan there and were unable to reproduce the issue.
They believe that there were some (how many?) units that shipped with bad
CCD's.  They have asked that I send the unit in for service.  I have not
made up my mind yet.  I may simply return it and get a Sprintscan 120.  Most
of my medium format slides/negs are new so dust and scratches are not a
problem.  I have a tough time scanning B/W with my ls2000 as it accentuates
grain in a way I find displeasing.  My understanding is the sprintscans do a
better job at this.  What to do, what to do....

Lawrence
http://www.lwsphoto.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.