Re: filmscanners: LS-4000ED Dmax 4,2 or rather 2,3?

Oostrom, Jerry wrote:

> I just read in Popular Photography about a test on 7 filmscanners. The Nikon
> LS-4000ED I believe was also mentioned there as having few shadow detail.
> The SS120 had great shadow detail in that test.
>
> Since nobody else on this list mentioned this test (an american magazine,
> sent to Holland--> plenty of time for americans to read it) I assume its not
> such a popular magazine among filmscanner people?

I skimmed the article at the news stand, so didn't get the details.  I
usually don't pay for magazines which have more advertising than
editorial content, since I can get trade journals for free ;-)

Also, any magazine which does reviews and accepts advertising is suspect
in my book.  How many ads were there for Nikon scanners in that issue?
Maybe the scanner is even worse than they claim, but with an average of,
what, 3-8? full page color Nikon ads each month (and one often on the
back cover), I'd suspect Pop Photo is a little shy when it comes to
criticism overall.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.