Re: filmscanners: ACER Scanwit 2720S problem

Frank,

I've often failed to snap 'the center "snaps"' correctly on
my Scanwit 2720S, but scanning the wrong frame wasn't the
result - I got fatal failure to focus in Miraphoto, and
'hangs' in Vuescan.

So I hope clicking the carrier properly fixes your problem,
but I don't think I've had the 'wrong frame' problem you
describe in about 18 months' operation. I also had a problem
when I inadvertently covered up the slot at the outer end of
the carrier with a film leader, which caused all sorts of
trouble.

Good luck. I like my Scanwit very much, and its value for
money is brilliant, but you have to understand its
limitations.

Regards,

Alan T