RE: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

> > printed at a resolution of 2 microns per pixel
>
> Just as a matter of interest, how the hell do you do this!?

I believe they use some sort of scanning laser device.  "They" being some
other part of my company - I don't even know who or where as someone else
took care of the details after telling me the service was available.  When I
examined some prior test slide under a microscope the finest resolution I
could detect was around 4 microns.  More than good enough for me and the
optical system I was testing.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.