filmscanners: OT side comment (Was New Nikon performance, now dust

  • To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
  • Subject: filmscanners: OT side comment (Was New Nikon performance, now dust
  • From: "Lynn Allen" <lynn_allen@angelfire.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:43:46 -0400

It would seem to me, reading this thread (and others), that the industry would
be very well-served by contracting with a real-life scanner user to monitor
this and other web-sites. Cost in dollars--relatively insignificant (who
wouldn't accept a free scanner, updates, and a few hours of their time?).

If I were a design engineer, like someone else on this list, I'd almost think
it *essential* to listen to users (and I'm pleased to say, he does). If anyone
on this list can make that happen for the other scanner and software companies,
the industry will have a lot to thank you for.

An old Cleveland baseball pitcher once said, "Don't look back--someone might be
gainin' on you." I can't think of another industry where that's more
appropriate than it is here.

Best regards--LRA
--

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!