filmscanners: Scanning 101...A basic question...

I have read the recent debates over working with raw files and those
produced via profiles and I am confused.

In working with scanning color negatives, if you choose to work with the
raw file that is supposed to have all the information in pure form, what is
your starting point for getting an acceptable image on your monitor as your
starting point for your adjustments?  Obviously, some software has to used.

I am trying to relate this to printing color negatives, which is within my
experience.  With this process, for any degree of efficiency, you have to
start with color filtration commensurate with the film you are using.

Marvin Demuth

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.