RE: filmscanners: NikonScan 3.1-Silverfast 5.2 - Vuescan

Paul
If you  know what you are doing when you are scanning a negative or positive
film  Silverfast is IMO superior  to all other scanner software on the
market today..No other software  have all the
features and parameters as Silverfast have   (general color handling,
specific color handling, white, gray ,and black point. curves , histogram
and much much more. I can  measure  up the   film in Silverfast and get
scanning results who are much better in all aspects than a calculating
software.  It all depends on your own skills  when you are working with
Silverfast. VueScan is a excellent software but Silverfast is a scanning
tool.
If someone really will learn how to scan a  film my suggestion is use
Silverfast and VueScan
For easy scan-VueScan. For complex scan-Silverfast.
Its takes many many hours of training to be a good scanner operator but it
worth it. Its like in the darkroom- the pleasure of knowing what Im doing.
Mikael Risedal
Photoghrapher
Lund Sweden