Re: filmscanners: VueScan and Occam's Razor

At 04:09 PM 6/6/01, you wrote:

>Yes, it's just down the road from where I live.  I need to get a picture
>of me standing next to the town sign for my web site.

While waiting for my RA4 chemicals to come up to 35 degrees C, I had time
to look up Ockham on the web. You live in an interesting area.

I also had time to refresh my memory of my first introduction to Occam's
Razor."  John Bogel, the founder of the fabulous Vanguard Mutual Funds
Group, devotes a chapter in his most recent book (Common Sense on Mutual
Funds) to its application to returns on investments.  He paraphrases Sir
William's insight with the phrase "that the simpler the explanation, the
more likely it is to be correct."

We all have so much to learn in mastering our skills in analysis and
communication.

Marvin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.