Re: filmscanners: open and control

Bob Croxford wrote:

> All my books are packed away pending a move but I vaguely remember that one
> businessman persuaded Daguerre to take out a British patent. This man then
> set up a Daguerrotype studio in Holborn in London and made a small fortune
> because he had bought the sole licence. I don't know about Scotland.
>
> Studios were widespread throughout France and made a quick fortune. 400
> pounds a day was achieved which was a small fortune in the mid 1800s. Some
> photographers are not able to charge that now!

Pah!  I sneeze on your 400 pounds a day!  <hee, hee, hee (wiz a frensh aczent).>

Hope the move goes well.  I would love to read further about the history of
this; perhaps you would mail me with details of your relevant books when you
have a spare minute.

Regards

Bob Armstrong

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.