filmscanners: re: brown yellow down side of Acer Neg scans

I have recently noticed this also on the right hand side of some negative
scans.  I had never seen the problem before a few releases ago in VueScan.  I
also have not tried Miraphoto to see if the problem persists there also.

Guess I will fire up the scanner to see since warranty is ending soon.

I just checked a frame with the problem in Miraphoto 2.0 and it exhibits the
same yellow/brown cast down the right hand side on this sky negative.  A
difference of up to 12 points blue.

Alan

 >>  could be some kind of reflection from my slide- and filmholder so they
 >>  promised me that they would send these items (new). I said "Well thanks,
 >>  but
 >>  I know that is not the problem and I would prefer you to solve the real
 >>  problem" (symptoms: brown-yellowish bands with negatives along the scan
 >>  direction at the boundaries of the frame for light parts of the photo,
 >>  similar problem with positive-film in dark shadowish parts, I've mailed
 >>  examples to this forum in the past)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.