Re: filmscanners: Enlargements & Film Sacnners

<GNUNEMAKER@aol.com> writes ...

> ... we shoot in very poor light.  ...  Our question is will our
> scanner provide the ability to crop and enlarge clearly
> our negatives (say to 11x14), ...

My own feeling is ... to "enlarge clearly" to 11 x 14, you need the
entire 35mm film frame ... especially for fast films and because this
scanner will tend to enhance the grain.  I have, however, seen good
results from the included GEM software, but I believe an 11 by 14
might approach "good or excellent" quality, rather than "fine".  Since
you will get the scanner anyway (I cannot suggest a better one),
you'll be able to evaluate your need for another lens.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.