filmscanners: Enlargements & Film Sacnners

We are new into the film scanner environment and looking for some assistance
in advance of making of decision on several issues.  As amateur ice hockey
photographers we shoot in very poor light.  We are currently contemplating a
Nikon 4000 scanner to work in concert with Photoshop 6.0.  We currently shoot
with Nikon F5's and lenses at 200/2.8 and 300/4.  Our question is will our
scanner provide the ability to crop and enlarge clearly our negatives (say to
11x14), or do we need to invest in a 400/2.8 lens.  Our options appear to be
either the 400/2.8 or 300/2.8 at half the price.  In either case we will be
acquiring the scanner -- just hate to overspend if we can accomplish the same
result with a new scanner.

Thanks

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.