Re: filmscanners: Ektachrome E100VS bad?

Kevin Power wrote:

> I've had superb results with it, but it was sent to pro lab for development.

E100VS is the only Kodak product I use these days, when appropriate.  It
is, to me, nearly a faster Velvia analogue.  I've been pleased with it,
and yes, the colors are quite saturated (V-ery S-aturated).  It is great
for overcast days where you want things to still pop.  On bright days it
is overkill.

I do not do my own E-6 processing anymore.

If you like it but find it too bright there is a less brilliant version
called E100S and a warm version called E100SW (or at least there was...)

SOme claim it can be pushed to 200 and even 400 without much loss,
making a Velvia like 400 ISO film, which might have a place in one's
arsenal.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.