Re: filmscanners: Filmscanning vs. Flatbedding

Richard N. wrote:

> The word "tone" means almost anything, depending on the background of the
individual.

In this case, at least as I saw it, the word "tone" meant "Really Screwed
Up." But you're right--words have a tendency to let us down just when we
need them most. :-) Some sage wrote, "Using words to describe a work of art
is like playing a trumpet solo to describe a piece of architecture."

What I saw in the first link cited (below) was a "glowing review" for a
damned-expensive piece of equipment (as it well might have been!) . What I
saw in the second link was artifacts that I'd never allow to be published,
if it were my sign-off responsibility. I commend the guy who did (or girl,
for that matter), just for their forthright honesty, but John is absolutely
right--the picture, for all its *technical brilliance*, was hideous! I seem
to recall seeing its like in a demo picture extolling the virtues of ICE,
ROC & GEM not too long ago. Yuch.

Duhhhh, excuse me, but am I supposed to be *blinded by words*, here? Don't
think so, sorry--I used to pay my rent that way. "When I use a word, it
means just exactly what I mean it to mean--nothing more, nothing less."
(Dodson, aka "Lewis Carrol").

Best regards--LRA