Re: filmscanners: Paintshop Pro

Thanks Rob, and Dail&Gail, for the lists of fixes in the
PSP7.02 patch.

I use PSP7.0 almost every day on 2700ppi filmscans, and
luckily I haven't hit any of these problems. I've had it
since the UK launch (about a year ago?). This is on a 400MHz
Pentium II with 192MB RAM.

I use the clipboard a lot, with no problems, and I've used
the salt & pepper filter a few times. It's extremely slow,
but works as advertised.
I've had very few crashes, in fact, and don't associate them
with the issues mentioned. With only 192MB, I'm quite
careful not to be spendthrift with memory, to avoid disk
thrashing.

I'll see if I can extract a patch on disk from the UK
distributors, because a 10MB download  'patch' is
ridiculous - obviously it's a whole new program. I've
successfully upgraded PSP several times in the past using
very quick & easy patches.
Regards,

Alan T