RE: filmscanners: A Good Epson Customer Service Story

>Usually, when people are properly served, they say nothing about it and go
on
>their merry way.

Yes, and I would contend that is the way it should be.  Praise and honors
should be reserved for those people or occasions which go beyond the call of
duty or what is the expected standard levels of quality and good effort; it
should not be given to those who provide the normally expected standard of
good quality or effort just because others provide less than acceptable
quality and behavior.  Yes I now this is idealistic and not very practical.

>Also, people will remember the
>good impression messages when they are looking for a product and use that
>company's products over another's.  We then get a chance to vote for a good
>company with our dollars.

Yes to your first sentence; but I would disagree with you on the second one.
Sentence one does not mean that we get to vote with our money; it just means
that the company has gotten us to advertise to other for them for free by
telling people that they provide the quality and good service that they
should be furnishing.  It is word of mouth advertising which is what most
companies should already be practicing as a normal matter of fact part of
their advertising and promotional public relations and marketing activities.

However, in all honesty, I guess things have gotten so bad that what we use
to expect as a normal standard is not the exceptional beyond the norm
occurrence so as to earn our praise.