Re: filmscanners: VueScan Long Exposure Pass

Is the long exposure pass built in or is there an option?  The
reason I ask is that Vuescan seems to take longer to scan an image
than the Epson Twain (Epson 1640).  There is, however, far better
density range using Vuescan (color slides) and I do not get the
predominant posterization in greens that I do with the Epson
Twain.  I also get much more depth when scanning black and white
negatives with Vuescan.  I have not noticed any bleeding but will
look more closely.  At first look, using Vuescan, the 1640 is
giving me far better results than with my previous 1200.  I don't
mind the longer exposure time if that's what's making the
difference and I'd rather adjust any over saturation in Photoshop
than deal with the pale grayish-greens that I'm getting with the
Epson Twain.

Jim

EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:

> Would anyone object if I removed the Long exposure pass
> option from VueScan?  It seems to have problems on most
> scanners with CCD charge bleeding from overexposed pixels,
> and it does more harm than good (in my opinion).
>
> Is there any scanner that it seems to work well with?
>
> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.