Re: filmscanners: VueScan Long Exposure Pass

In a message dated 5/4/2001 7:36:20 AM EST, audidudi@mindspring.com writes:

> I have a Minolta Scan Multi and don't seem to be having any problems with
>  it.  I have just started scanning a batch of slides that were taken in
>  Lower Antelope Canyon and which have lots of dark shadows and black areas
>  in them, and I am finding the long exposure pass beneficial.

The problem with the Long exposure pass option is that most people won't
see the problem areas until they've scanned hundreds of slides.

Any area where there's a large bright-dark transition will have problems.
You might try zooming into the image at this point.

I'm going to remove it in 7.0.17 for this reason - I don't want people
to waste a lot of time scanning and then realizing their images are
messed up.

With Minolta scanners, you'll get better results using the single-pass
multi-scanning feature in VueScan (Device|Number of passes).

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.