filmscanners: Nikon D1x and LS4000

http://www.myalbum.ne.jp/cgi-bin/a_menu?id=fa215650

A Japanese photographer have done some tests with the new Nikon D1X  camera
and
have also some pictures scanned by Nikon LS 4000 at 4000 ppi
Look at pictures DSC_1126.jpg  (D1X)   and  same picture LS4000.jpg.

Here you can  see that the ED 4000 picture  are sharper in the middle and
not so sharp
out against the corner and sides of the picture. Look at the sky and the
grain in the
film. Look at the house building to the right of the picture.
This is a example of curved film and  bad film holder.

I took the D1X picture and interpol. 100% in Photoshop
The picture size are  now almost the same as  LS4000  and 4000ppi
I compare the two pictures and  please do the same!!!!!
I gave the pictures unsharp mask  100.   1. 1.
Conclusion;  ED 4000 scanner resolution are not better then   the Nikon D1X
out  at the sides
and corner of the test pictures. (I think the camera have more resolution in
some struktures)
The scanner have better resolution in the middle  compare to D1X .

Mikael Risedal
Lund
Sweden