filmscanners: Jaggies in passing

I agree entirely, and of course Maxwell's service people said they had
never heard of the problem when I phoned them.  So I suspect "interesting"
will be the main outcome of this exercise!

I think my jaggies has got significantly worse with time, which is not
surprising if it is a resonance vibration thing, because the vibration
amplitude would increase as the feed mechanism wears into more slack, or
holding springs soften etc.  This means that it is *possible* to fix it
though if you try hard enough.

Julian

At 16:23 10/04/01, Rob wrote:
>I'll be intrigued if Maxwell Optics manage to cure the vibration
>that causes the jaggies.  As far as I can see it's a design
>fault caused by a combniation of hardware and software behaviour.

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.