Re: filmscanners: File format

        The only very slight disagreement I'd have is that it might be possible
        that if you open and save in JPEG format enough times, you might
        actually reach a point where you are "chasing your tail" and that
        certain random pixels will change one way one time and then return to
        the same position the next.  However, by the time the process reached
        this point, it would seem you'd have such an abstraction of the
        original, it wouldn't much matter ;-)

The ever-recurring discussion of whether jpeg is always
lossy has become just such a cyclic abstraction to me.
But that's life :-)

Bill Ross

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.