Re: filmscanners: Two yellow bands ...

Ezio wrote:

> Dearests ,

I didn't know you cared ;-)

I have these 2 yellow bands on the HP-6200c flatbed.

Ah, I see you want something from us ;-)

These bands can be caused by several things.  In order of ease to fix:

1) The glass could have dirt on it (not likely to be that linear)

Fix: Clean glass, both inside and out

2) The calibration strip might have been damage

Most flatbeds have a calibration process they go through to set each CCD
threshold for each scan.  This strip is usually glued under the top
surface of the scanner under the plastic casing, above the glass platen
at the top of the scanner, which the sensor bar reads to adjust the
voltages of the sensors.  If this has become scratched of damaged in the
black areas, it will cut back on the sensitivity of the CCD sensors in
that area.  So, you might need a new calibration area, or it might
require a cleaning (since you have yellow bands, it is more likely the
black is rubbed off than the white parts are dirty.)

Fix: Open up scanner to observe calibration strip, clean or
repair/replace, as needed.

3) The scan head/CCD of mirrors might have some dirt on them.  They will
need very careful cleaning.  Keep in mind scanners and photocopiers use
FRONT surfaced mirror which are easily scratched.

Fix: Open scanner, carefully clean all optical components.

Art

> What should I do ? ... should I bring the scanner to HP Repair Center (
> months without the unit and huge amount of money) or in your opinion it
> is possible to try some trick to repair it at home.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.