Re: filmscanners: Two yellow bands ...

Ezio wrote:
>Dearests , I have these 2 yellow bands on the HP-6200c flatbed.
>What should I do ? ... should I bring the scanner to HP Repair
> Center ( months without the unit and huge amount of money) or
> in your opinion it is possible to try some trick to repair it at home.

I'd say the repair centre is the only option - even with some sort of
contaminant on the CCD it's not something you want to touch
yourself.  Of course you could buy a Canon flatbed in the meantime;
they're very cheap and give great results (but as far as I can make
out are useless for printer profiling).

Rob

PS Don't forget to turn off HTML in your emails.  You can still attach
small images as attachments rather than inline images.  The image will
look ugly for those using the list digest but at least they'll be able to
read your email. :)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.