Vuescan film characteristic transforms was RE: filmscanners: Vuescan: "device RGB"

Richard wrote:
>And, you can't open a file into "photoCD space", You cannot load any
>of the profiles mentioned above as a working "space". If Ed is "doing
>this" - somehow - he is not doing this without Kodak's permission,
>unless he is licensed and has obtained proprietary authoring
>software.

Just to try to keep this a little clearer - Ed has used the freely available
data which Kodak provide to define the characteristics of the various films.
 This film characteristic data is also used by Kodak in their PhotoCD
workstations.
 I am sure that Ed is not doing anything which requires Kodak's permission,
nor AFAIK is he truly doing anything which is directly to do with Kodak's
proprietary Photo CD technology.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com