----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Sleep" <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>
: Ah, no. For two reasons. First that simple red/blue meters like the
Gossen
: Sixticolor are fairly useless IME - OK it tells you the Mired shift,
but seems
: unduly influenced by scene colour. I had so many anomalous results
with them (I
: have 2, and of course both read slightly different anyhow, like
exposure
: meters:) that I found guessing was more accurate. 3-channel RGB
devices like
: the Minolta are too expensive for me to have ever owned one, but
hopefully work
: better.
:
: The second reason is what do you do about correction? With 35mm you
are limited
: to 81, 82 series etc, unless you are going to faff around with CC gels
in a
: holder. This just isn't practical for most of the shooting I do, there
is
: neither the time nor the static situation to permit it - gels have got
reduced
: to trash in seconds when I have used them.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.