Re: filmscanners: scanning/photoshop workstation (long)

I agree that there were issues with 95, 98, and 98SE but ME was rock solid
right out of the box (purchased last September).  There were issues with device
drivers, and some products still do not have ME drivers, but the OS itself is
rock stable - never a blue screen, ever.  I believe, with the new driver
architecture, Windows 2000, XP, and ME will be even better.  I'm not a fan of
Microsoft but I think their operating systems are starting to mature and I
think that will help those of us who use graphics.

Jim

JimD wrote:

> I'm going to give it about 2 years to disgorge its bugs and
> then it may be fit for use. Microsoft's releases are akin to
> good wine, generally they benefit by being aged.
> -JimD
>

> >It has a few innovations that I believe will make life a great deal better
> >for a good many of us.  Peer to peer communications, improved device
> >interface, and better memory management, to name a few.  Just hope it's
> >not all Internet user friendly with frills for sending the kid's photos to
> >grandma.  I think getting away from the old VXD drivers and using the WDM
> >(Windows Drive Managed) architecture is a definite plus
> >
> >Microsoft's Windows XP home page is at:
> >
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/default.asp
> >
> >Jim
> >

> > > Dave