RE: filmscanners: Canon FS2710 vs Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II

[Tim A wrote]
> I Have used the Canoscan with other scanners, but not the Minolta.
>
> I have found using Vuescan with the Canoscan does wonders. Even basic scans
> come out with less noise. Do a multi passes or the long exposure pass gives
> me great scans - adding shadow detail and getting rid of shadow noise.

I have to agree - showed a mate the difference between Vuescan and CanoScan
last night on one of his 'difficult' negs and he wept with joy (ummm). He
spent about 2 hours with Photoshop trying to get a result to no effect.
A bit more difficult to use, but a whole lot more effective.

bert

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.